I am that person who loves data, charts, and lists. So every month, I will be recapping what I read and what books I acquire along with anything else I think is of value or interest. Let me know if you have any ideas!
I was in a *mood* this month that led to me not reading much initially. While my reading picked up in the second half of the month, I definitely did not read as may books as I wanted. But February is a new month!
• Books read: 9
• Pages read: 2,825
• Percent female authors: 44%
• Percent BIPOC authors: 11%
These charts are primarily from the Storygraph app, which is an alternative to the Amazon-owned Goodreads.
- No Second Chance by Harlan Coben | ⭐⭐⭐💫
- All the Dangerous Things by Stacy Willingham | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- What Lies in the Woods by Kate Alice Marshall | ⭐⭐⭐
- Treacle Walker by Alan Garner | ⭐⭐💫
- Please Report Your Bug Here by Josh Riedel | ⭐⭐⭐💫
- Locust Lane by Amidon Stephen | ⭐⭐💫
- Pines (Wayward Pines, #1) by Blake Crouch | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun by Elle Cosimano | ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Roses, in the Mouth of a Lion by Bushra Rehman | ⭐⭐⭐
Books in progress
I started three books in January that I will continue (and hopefully finish) in February. Unless I have read a majority of a book, I will not count it towards that month’s total read books.
- Spare by Prince Harry
- Dirty Work: Essential Jobs and the Hidden Toll of Inequality in America by Eyal Press
- Blaze Me a Sun by Christoffer Carlsson
In January, I acquired 17 physical books and four e-books. I selected five Book of the Month books and one Aardvark Book Club book. I had previously pre-ordered two books that arrived this month. The remainder of books I received as gifts from publishers or for my birthday.
Book of the Month
- Age of Vice by Deepti Kapoor
- What Lies in the Woods by Kate Alice Marshall
- Lunar Love by Lauren Kung Jessen
- Independence by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
- Queen of Thieves by Beezy Marsh
Aardvark Book Club
- Desert Creatures by Kay Chronister
- How to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix
- “You Just Need to Lose Weight” and 19 Other Myths about Fat People by Aubrey Gordon
- On the Savage Side by Tiffany McDaniel
- Birnam Wood by Eleanor Catton
- Our Best Intentions by Vibhuti Jain
- I Will Find You by Harlan Coben
Gifted Physical Copies
- What Happened to Ruthy Ramirez by Claire Jimenez (ARC)
- The Drift by C.J. Tudor
- Central Places by Delia Cai
- Spare by Prince Harry
- The Rabbit Hutch by Tess Gunty
- A History of Burning by Janika Oza (ARC)
- Roses, in the Mouth of a Lion by Bushra Rehman
- Who’s Your Founding Father: One Man’s Epic Quest to Uncover the First, True Declaration of Independence by David Fleming (ARC)
- Into the Heartless Wood by Joanna Ruth Meyer
Please note that I am not listing them here as any kind of brag. I want to keep track for my goal of reducing the number of books I have.